Thursday, April 4, 2013

17 months/phone picture dump!

How on Earth is our baby 17 months?! As we've taught Madelyn to say - Momma mia! Holy moly! I knew the second year would be a totally different experience than the first, but I definitely didnt understand, how. The last two months specifically, have brought the most changes in our little munchkin and we are really enjoying this stage.

Madelyn starting saying words kind of early, and by 13 months was starting to communicate with us. Gradually she felt more comfortable with talking and added even more words. Now, she talks nonstop. She says "thank you Mommy" when I feed her, or give her a toy to play with and when we sneeze, right on cue she blurts out "bless u". When she's tired, she lets us know she's ready for bed by saying "nigh-nigh" and when she's hungry "num-num." She calls everyone by their name, and just yesterday learned Auntie's name was Sara. So now it's not just Auntie, but "Auntie Sa-wra"which is just the cutest. Every little word she says is the best sound, even when it's a nonstop ramble for hours :)

Madelyn spent months crawling before really exploring walking. Like flipping a switch, suddenly she was walking pretty well. Now she walks and/or runs, she never.stops.moving. I'm so glad the weather is getting warmer because she LOVES being outside.  It'll be great for her to be out in the fresh air exerting all her energy!

The other big change in Miss M is her abundance of affection! She still doesn't like being coddled, cradled or rocked, but the kisses, hugs and "I wuv you's" more than make up for it.  Actually, she just started saying I love you last week. I couldn't wait to hear her say the words, and lucky-Auntie was the first one that she said it to! She looked up at her after she put her in her crib for a nap.  Later that night, I got one too :) melt.my.heart

Until I upload our real photos, here are some pics from phone from the last few weeks!!








No comments:

Post a Comment