Sunday, June 30, 2013

There's just something about this place...

Martha's Vineyard, that is. Maybe it's because you have to get on a ferry to get there, maybe it's because I don't get great cell service so I'm usually "off the grid" when we're there, or maybe it's just that special. Whatever it is, there is something about the Vineyard, it is literally like heaven on Earth, for me. If you have never been, you have to go.  If I could, I'd bring all of you with me each time we went. See.... isn't she so pretty?!

 
 
 
 
We went up for our first visit of the summer, last weekend, and it was awesome! It takes 5 - 6 hours, on a good day to get up there, so I feel a little bit of pressure to make the most of it whenever we're there. Seeing as it's hard for me to take time off, our visits this summer, will be short ones. However, last weekend was proof that even a short visit (48 hours) can be a great one! The ferry ride over was one of the roughest I have ever had, we were thrown all over the place for the full hour ride. Once we were there, it was smooth sailing. We had fun catching up with family, catching up with friends, and hanging as a family! Madelyn even slept in one day, until 9:30am - a first! We came home, so happy from a fun weekend, and feeling refreshed! There's just something about that place....
 
 Island time  - its good for the soul :)

Here are some pictures from our weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment