Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mini Guest Bath Update

Patience isn't one of my strengths.  I know it, and I own it.  Sometimes though, I just.cant.wait. That's sort of what has happened with our guest bath. I don't think I shared any of our bathroom pictures, because, why go there? We're lucky both bathrooms have white tubs and tile surround. So, that's a plus. Everything else in each bathroom is borderline unacceptable  It's funny because when we looked at the house, I didn't shutter the way first time buyers or snobs do, on HGTV when they're house hunting. However, once we were in the house, and these are the bathrooms you have to use every day, it's a totally different story. We can't do any major renovations right now, so it has to wait, and I have to deal.

My mom, the wallpaper stripping queen, graciously offered to strip the wallpaper in the guest bath, which already helped immensely. Then, after a successful outing at Mohegan Sun a few weeks ago, I literally twisted Brian's arm, and we stopped to buy 1 new toilet on our way home. So that at least is a start and makes using the bathroom, a little easier.  Then, I decided some paint and new hardware might be the trick to holding me over for a little while :)

So, last weekend I went to good 'ole Home Depot, picked out some hardware and got to work. I painted the window, door and vanity, and just tonight we finished putting all the new hardware on. I am thrilled with the little update! I think I am good now.... for a month or two ;)

Pretty big difference right?

BEFORE



 
AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment