Saturday, February 7, 2015

Time out

Right now, I'm sitting here, alone.


Well not totally alone, look at my buddy who hung out with me for a while!

I totally recognize that it's important to take time out of the busy days for myself, but I almost never do. I might get my nails done every once in a while, or go to the store by myself but those quick outings don't really do the trick. 

So, here I am on our last day of vacation and I was essentially forced to take the day to enjoy the beach by myself. Brian and his Dad are golfing, and my mother-in-law offered to watch the girls so I could come here. 

I love the beach, and can't even remember the last time, I got to enjoy it for so many uninterrupted hours! When Brian suggested the plan, I said no. I couldn't, because I felt bad. Then I heard Brian and my MIL talking about it, and saying it was a great idea, I deserved it. And I thought, maybe I should just go.... after all, I could use some sun and Vitamin D.

So here I am. The first hour, I was so figgity, I didn't know what to do with myself. I don't know why, but I was almost fighting off the urge to relax and let go. I tried to nap, but with so much time to think, my mind was just racing. 

After about 2 hours in the sun, I had a great lunch on the Club patio, and came back to my perch. Its been another hour or so, and just like that, I am relaxed. I can't even believe that I was originally resisting this idea. I do deserve this, and I think I needed it! I will absolutely be thinking of this quiet lazy afternoon when it's back to the grind on Monday! It might have been forced, but this was a good reminder that it's really important to take time out for ourselves!

Hope you are having a great weekend and make some time for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment