Sunday, May 10, 2015

Being a mom

Last night, Brian asked me what the best part about being mom to Madelyn and Anna was. It came out of nowhere, and it hit me hard. For some reason, before he even finished the question my eyes filled with tears. I guess that kind of sums it up, need I say more? Well, since I'm writing a post about this, of course I'll share more ;)

Honestly though, my mind literally flooded with flashes of different instances and I was so overwhelmed at how to answer and all the emotions that "mom" feels like to me, that I paused before I answered. Then, with all of those great things running through my mind, I explained that with all the sacrifices that come with being a mom, the best thing for me is what I get in return. As a parent, you give and give in ways that you didn't know you could, and you give without expecting much in return. But for me, what I get from being a mom to my two girls is the most spectacular thing in the world. There literally are no.words. I would do anything in the whole world for my girls, and many days I feel like I'm spread thin but I wouldn't change a thing and I look forward to doing and giving more and more of me, to them. 

Since my kids are still young, their gestures of love and appreciate are small and fleeting, but they mean the world to me. I love watching them grow, and watching the world through their eyes. I love how I've changed, and have a different perspective on life. I love how they make me slow down, and sometimes amidst a monster tantrum I am forced to take a huge deep breath that just calms me and helps me refocus. I love the challenges, I love craziness, I love the love they give in their little ways... I just love it all. This mommy thing is a wild ride, especially x 2, but I feel like I found me in this job and for that I am forever grateful to my two baby girls. I feel so crazy blessed and thankful for a day to just relish in my love of being a mommy :) Happy Mommy's Day to all of you moms - new moms and moms to be - hope it was a great weekend for all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment