Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy due date to us :)

It is here - Baby GG's due date is today and yet... no baby! Brian and I were so excited to have a Dr. appointment today to get everything checked out and an idea of her size and it was a great appointment. The baby is still doing well, my fluid level and blood pressure are good, and all looks good. Then the Dr. told us there was good news, and bad news.... I asked for the bad news first. The "bad" news - the baby is over the 97th percentile in size - estimated to be around 9 lbs and 9 oz now! The good news is that her head is only in the 50th percentile so that could mean that a natural birth is still an option!

I am not dilated and the baby is still up pretty high but because of her size our doctor doesn't want us to go past 41 weeks. We discussed going in to be induced on Sunday - that was the Docs original suggestion - but I expressed my concerns about an induction and we decided to wait until next Wednesday. So, we are scheduled to go in for an iduction next Wednesday, November 2nd! But in the meantime, we'll say our prayers that Baby GG does what she can to make her appearance naturally before then!!

A little side-note that I found very ironic and neat - while chatting about the size of our baby today, Brian asked about her height as well. Our doctor's response was that she was built like a linebacker, and he pointed at Brian and goes - like you. Well, I had to chuckle... 30 years ago when my parents were anxiously awaiting the birth of their first born and I was on my way out, their Doctor said "we've got a linebacker on our hands!" As I was fully out, he goes "oh, it's a girl!!" Well.... it looks like our little girl is taking after her mom :)

We'll be certain to announce the news when she finally arrives and keep our fingers crossed, all goes smoothly and she is perfect and healthy! Thanks for all of your love and support over the last 10 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment