Wednesday, October 19, 2011

to work or not to work next week....

So here we are.... week 39, only 1 week until Baby GG's due date! I guess we are due for an update, but unfortunately, we do not have much to report. The good news is that GG is healthy and (I'm not sure what to make of this - but)  the doctor told us today she was a very "solid" baby. At next week's appointment they'll actually measure her so we should get an idea of her size.

We had an internal exam again this week and although I'd prepared myself for this, he confirmed that there is absolutely nothing going on. I'm not dilated at all and my cervix hasn't changed at all yet either. Based on that, he stated we're most likely in this for the long haul and that was that. I'd thought he'd told us a while back that he doesn't let patients go past 41 weeks (and I think I can hang in there for 2 more weeks) but he said today that he would let me go to 42 before he'd induce me. My thought right then was - God help me if I'm actually pregnant for 3 more weeks! It's honestly hard to imagine.

I was planning on making this Friday my last day at work. I figured the baby would come sometime in the next 10 - 14 days and it would be nice to have some time to get in some last minute R&R, hang with Sir Quigley, make sure the house is ready and of course treat myself to a mani/pedi and maybe even a hair cut :) But now, knowing I could have 3 more weeks left to go, I'm worried I may go stir crazy at home! However, I've decided to stick with my original plan. I have the vacation time that I don't want to go to waste.... So, I'll go on lots of walks, and get in some last minute R&R while I can!

We visit the Doc again next Wednesday afternoon - I'll be certain to update everyone again after that :) Until then, I'll probably be testing out all the old wives tales just for the fun of it... starting with spicy food tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment