Thursday, April 5, 2012

Being a parent...

brings longer days, more laundry, interrupted sleep, a dirty house, fewer date nights and more responsibility. When you say it like that it sounds a little daunting, right? Before becoming a parent you spend time thinking and preparing for how much your life will change, the adjustment it will be.  What you aren't prepared for, is while it's about that other stuff, it brings SO much more too... We didn't wait too long after getting married to start a family, and although we got a handful of "you are wasting no time" comments from people, I am so happy we didn't wait any longer.

You aren't able to comprehend prior to starting a family, just what a blessing it is to have children. Even after its hard to explain and put into words. Granted our little one has only been with us for 5 months, but what she has done for my life and me as a person is invaluable.   People make lists of things they want to accomplish and places they want to go before they have kids... almost as if when you have kids your life is over so get it in now.... Well yes, things change but to me, that couldn't be further from the truth, my life began when I became a Mom. Now, I appreciate the little things, I recognize the beauty in every day, I love deeper, I pray more, I dream bigger and I live a richer life.


I was reminded recently of how precious life is and how short it can be sometimes.  There is nothing more rewarding than bringing a baby into the world and God willing, we'll be able to do it again, and again, and again ;) Kidding....probably not that many times! I look at Brian sometimes while I'm holding Madelyn and I think, look at what we did. Then I think, how on earth did I get so lucky :) We are a great team and we are really enjoying this ride. Thank you Madelyn Jayne for coming into our life, we love you higher than the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment