Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Our sweet pea is 18 months!!

Time is flying, plain and simple.  I started this posted on May 1st, and now it's already the middle of May. Since moving in with my family, we are getting to spend at least 1 more hour a day with M.  That extra time together with her, and as a family, has been SO nice!

I never, in 1 million years thought that I could love someone as much as I love my little munchkin.  I was overcome with emotion at her birth, and with each passing day, that love has grown into something so special. Being a mom, but not just any mom, her mom, is the best.thing.ever.  Just when I think her age is so fun, she changes a little and it gets better! 

Madelyn's 18 month, has brought more words and singing, a love of trucks/cars and balls, LOTS of hugs and kisses, walking up small steps by herself, a feisty independence, and last but not least, some tantrums :) Madelyn doesn't mind getting dirty, but when she's had enough, she'll tell you she's dirty and ready for washa-washa. One of the neatest things M has caught on to, singing.  I vividly remember listening to Raffi as a kid, so his songs often come to mind when she and I are playing/singing. One day I started signing "Baby Beluga" to M, and i swear, within a day or two, she was singing it herself (even in her sleep!)When she spots an iPad, she'll say "baby beluga?!" Because she wants to watch the video. On the same note, one night on the way home from daycare, I turned up Mumford and Sons "I Will Wait" and belted out my version.  Sure enough, the next time M was in the car with me and it came on, there was a murmur from the back seat... "Ah-wil-way, ah-wil-way" I couldn't believe it, she was literally "singing" the song, in tune. She's definitely our little girl :) 

As we get ready for phase 2 of our move, I am really looking forward to getting settled into our new home with our little family. This will be the home that Madelyn will remember growing up in, and making memories in. I can't wait for the summer, playing in our new yard, taking M to town for doughnut outings, walks through town, trips to the park and more. So far, this age has really been a blast, but I know it'll keep getting better and better!

Some recent pics of our little love!
















No comments:

Post a Comment