Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Recent steals

Since we've been living in New Canaan over the last 5 weeks, I have hit up 2 different tag sale type events in town and scored big! The first, was our first weekend in town. I was going to grab coffee early Saturday morning when I saw our church was having a tag sale. I normally would just drive by, especially since Q was along for the ride, but I decided to stop in.  The tag sale was for a local Boy Scout troop and it was taking place in the church gymnasium. The gym was mostly filled to the brim with knick knacks and chotchkis.  There were a few lamps, rugs and kitchen chairs.  But I hardly noticed these things because as soon as I walked in, I saw this chair:


I didn't even think it was for sale because it was so nice, and the only really nice piece in the room. I'm not wild about the print, but it is super comfy and we have the perfect corner just calling for it, in our new house. For $50, it was a no-brainer! So my coffee run, cost me a little more than the normal $6 but I'd say it was worth it :) 

Last weekend was New Canaan's Annual May Fair. They bring in probably 10 - 15 different large carnival rides for kids of all ages, have lots of food tents and in the church gymnasium, yet again, another tag sale! My mom and I got up there first thing in the morning to check it out. We don't really need much for the new house, but I was hoping I might find a new dresser for our MBR. Instead, I found this huge, beautiful craftsman style hutch, and I fell in love...


It was the day before Mother's Day, and this was the LAST thing I should be spending money on before moving into our new house. But, she was just too pretty to pass up. So I basically begged and pleaded with Brian through texts (while he was at the gym!) - please?! please?! And he agreed. What do you think would be a steal for a huge hutch like this?? It was marked for $550 but I asked what they'd take for it. $400? Uh, YES, DEAL!  I am SO excited to move in and put this in our dining room - it is beyond PERFECT!

This is the overstuffed chair and we got along with our new sofas for our living room. 
Doesn't it just scream, get cozy and lay down, or what?! LOVE!



No comments:

Post a Comment