Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Random / Right now

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy December :) I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's a day of reflection, a day with family, and it kicks of the month of Christmas festivities. We spent the day at my parents with family where there was lots of catching up, lots of yummy food, games, laughter and for this momma - even a little wine ;) It was perfect!

I can't believe that we are fully in the Christmas season - with the decorations, music and sales, it's incredible how quickly the holiday madness occcurs. I had the chance to go away with my mom and sister last weekend, to get started on some of our shopping, and we had a blast! It's the second time we've gone away on this trip. We go to Lancaster, PA - the neighborhood where my Dad lived for more than 6 years.  We spent some time at the spa, which was such a treat, and I got a great jump start on our Christmas list! We came home relaxed and feeling accomplished, and we had so.much.fun together!

This week I am 24 weeks pregnant.  In one way, it seems like it's flying and on the other hand, March seems so far away.  I'm not sure if it's this pregnancy, or just mommyhood in general, but I'm definitely trying enjoy all aspects of my 'right now.' I am really looking forward to Christmas with a energetic 2 year old who is obsessed with Christmas trees and music, and Santa, and of course becoming a family of 4 in the spring. But, I am loving right now. Here are some of the things I'm loving, or on my mind right now:

right now.... I'm obsessed with sitting in our living room with just our Christmas tree lights on

right now... I am happy that I decided to take Madelyn out to dinner tonight. Even with a short nap at school, she was on her best behavior at the restaurant (granted we were only there for 25 minutes), she devoured her dinner, and we had so much fun!

right now... I am looking forward to our 24 week doctor appointment tomorrow. They'll do an ultrasound, and I can't wait to see our baby moving around

right now... I am grateful for my ll bean slippers. I put them on every night when I get home, and they make me happy

right now... I'm missing my hubby and I can't wait for him to get home. In the summer it's Wednesday golf night, and in the winter, it's Tuesday paddle night :)

right now... I am so glad that my work schedule is 9am - 5pm Monday thru Friday, espsecially this time of year. For years, my December schedule included nights and weekends, and I am SO happy that I can enjoy the nights and weekends of this Christmas season with the ones I love

right now... I would love an ice cream sundae, but we don't have any. Grrr

right now... I think the baby is sleeping, because it's not kicking. It must be tired because she kicks ALL day long :)

right now... I can't decide if we should keep Madelyn in her room when the baby comes, or swap her into the guest room, and give the baby M's room.  We recently got our toddler bed (a hand-me-down from a friend) and Madelyn can't wait to start using it. We were going to just put the toddler bed in M's room and put the crib into the new nursery. It was Brian's idea, to move Madelyn into the guest room and leave all the nursery "stuff" where it is for the new baby.... not a bad idea! We wont do anything until after Christmas, but I still think about it all the time, when we're home.

right now... I'm overwhelmed at all my options on T.V. - what a treat to have control of the clicker :) I don't know what to watch!

right now... I'm thankful for the energy I've had in this second trimester! On many occasions in the last month, I've stayed up past my bedtime (normally 9:30pm/10pm) and I still have some energry during the day and at night, amen!

right now... my wedding rings feel a little tight... uh oh! I dont remember when I stopped wearing them last time, but I was hoping to get to wear them for a while longer.

right now... I'm thinking - it's been about 5 weeks since I've been to the Dr., and I'm not going to lie, I feel like I've gained 15lbs. I'd only gained 7 lbs at 19 weeks, so I was doing great. My Dr. told me to aim to gain 20lbs total, so i'm a littttttttle worried, post-Thanksgiving, what that scale will say tomorrow. For the girl who has never worried much about her weight, it's funny that I worry when I'm pregnant!

right now... I'm grateful for my hubby and all of his hardwork.  He works so hard for his family and I love him to pieces

right now... I'm wishing I was cuddled up with Madelyn while she sleeps. She hasn't sleep with/on me since she was an itty baby, and tonight I'm wishing she would. I really didn't want to cut our pre-bedtime cuddles short, even though I know when it's bedtime, she likes her bed. I just wanted to hug, hold and kiss her, over and over

It's getting late, and I'm sort of getting tired :) Hope you all are well, and enjoy your right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment