Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Our Guest Bathroom: Before and After

We are finally done with our mini update of our guest bathroom. We decided a little face lift would be perfect to hold us over until we can really do the bathroom over completely. I'm so happy with the update that I have a feeling we'll be living with it like this for longer than we originally thought :)
 
What we did: the first step was taking down the wallpaper. Once that was done, I painted the window, shade and vanity which I talked about here. Next, Brian took out the cabinet that hung over the sink, and the large mirror-medicine cabinet in the wall. Not long after that, our electrician come in and removed the God-awful hanging lantern light, and installed a new 3 light fixture on the wall. A handyman came in to fill in the hole in the wall where the medicine cabinet was, and prep the walls for painting. My wonderful mom, came over on two different occasions and surprised us with primed, and painted walls. Then she hung the curtain she made for us, and we hung our mirror. Voila - she's done! Well, I need to pick out some things to hang on the wall and get a small towel rack for the hand towels, etc but you know what I mean. This is our first real makeover on a small budget and I could be happier with the result!
 
BEFORE
 
AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment