Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gender Reveal/ 20 weeks!

We found out last week, that Baby G # 2 is A GIRL!! Yay for more pink!
 
We really enjoyed finding out what we were having with our first pregnancy, so there was no question that we would this time too. We didn't really do anything to reveal the gender last time, so I wanted to do a little something fun this time around. Our anatomy ultrasound was the day before Madelyn's birthday and it was important to us, not to overshadow M's birthday celebrations. Our plan was for Brian and I to find out at the appointment (on Thursday afternoon) and wait until Friday night before telling anyone. We were celebrating Madelyn's birthday that night, so I made a cake with the filling the gender-color and we videoed my family cutting the cake. It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it might be to keep it a secret for a day, and to have my family's reaction on video, is priceless!
 
So far, this pregnancy has been pretty different from my first.  Finding out, the naseau, the hunger/cravings (lack there of), bump, no skin problems, etc.... For all those reasons, I was definitely thinking it was a boy, but Brian was absolutely convinced it was a girl. He's said a handful of times,  he's a Dad to girls :) Well, he was right, and we're thrilled! We would have been equally excited if it was a boy, but the relationship between sisters is very special, and I'm excited for Madelyn to have a little sister to grow up with!  Here are some pictures of how we shared the news, and my 20 week bump!


 





My 20 week bumps!
On the right, was my 20 week picture with Madelyn,
and the left picture is me this week - 20 weeks with # 2!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment