Monday, November 18, 2013

Our Weekend in Review!

Happy Monday All! We've been very lucky to have had a few awesome weekends in a row. This weekend was a perfect mix of errands, organizing, cleaning, and catching up with friends!

We usually keep our Fridays free, so that we can come home and just hang out as a family. It's the perfect start to every weekend! Madelyn and I were up and out doing errands by 9am on Saturday.  Sometimes I love lazy Saturday mornings, but it was nice to get up and get an early start. We were at the mall by 10am and I was so surprised at how quiet it was. If only I was actually prepared to do all my Christmas shopping now. It would be nice to avoid the craziness of shopping in mid-December!

Nesting was my middle name on Saturday. I think I'd forgotten how nice the second trimester energy is :) This time around, especially since life involves a busy toddler, this energry is a god-send.  After I did a really good cleaning job on the house, I took to organizing our mail.  This project is one that has been lingering over my head, and giving me agida, for months but I just couldn't bring myself to tackle. We had 3 different piles, and I mean huge towering piles, of mail that needed to be weeded through, and organized.  It's silly, because it only took me about an hour and half, but the relief that our life is somewhat in order now, is crazy. I feel like I can look ahead and feel more organized about everything.

We got together with two other couples on Saturday night for dinner out to catch up, and we had so.much.fun.  We often get together with the kids, but we decided it was time for an adult dinner.  4 hours, probably 5 pitchers of margaritas later (well done boys!), and lots of chatting later, we left the restaurant. I think I was in bed by midnight, and it seemed like 3am ;) but was so worth it!

We wrapped up the weekend, by attending our friend's sons baptism, and dinner at my parents! It was a special day for our friends and we happy to be a part of it and catch up friends. Dinner at my parents is always a treat and a fun way to wind down. I hope that I am inspired to cook like my mom, when I grow up :) Without fail every week she pulls together something delicious, and we have so much fun while enjoying a great meal. Not going to lie, I'm already looking forward to when I can enjoy a glass of wine at these dinners again!
The one other thing we snuck in this weekend was a very mini family photo session. Since our engagement photo session 4 years ago, we have had professional pictures taken of us a handful more times.  Our wedding, Madelyn's birthday and then again last fall right before Madelyn turned 1. It's something Brian really doesn't care for, but I love. I think its so important to have good family photos, at least a few times a year. This year, wewe opted not to get professional photos taken, because we are in super-saving mode for my leave in the spring.  Instead, we asked my sister, a photography-lover, if she would mind taking some pictures of us. So she came over on Saturday before our dinner, and in 15 minutes in our front yard, took 100+ pictures of us! I am THRILLED that in that short time, she got a handful of (truly) great pictures! To me, a great picture has good coloring, 3 smiles and a picture in focus, but that can be SO hard sometimes. Here are a few of the outakes that wont make it onto a Christmas card, but are fun/cute! I love my little family :-)







Hope you had a great weekend, too! Here's to a great week!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment