Monday, August 18, 2014

Sweet baby, special day

Last week Anna was baptized. It was very important to me for both of the girls to be raised Catholic and understand their faith from an early age. My faith is important to me, and I want the girls to have a good foundation from the start. Madelyn is lucky that her Auntie takes her to church all the time, and is already showing her the way. My hope is that someday we will all go to church more often as a family.

We lucked out that the weather was perfect that day, since we set everything up outside. My family was a huge help in getting everything ready, doing the flowers, and some of the food, etc! It came together well and it was a very special day! Unfortunately, Madelyn was under the weather, but even she managed to dress up and (fake) smile for a few photos :) Keeping with tradition, Anna wore my christening dress, that Madelyn also wore. It's amazing that after 33 years, it still looked beautiful and current. We're also lucky it fit our growing girl! 

We are blessed to have wonderful families, and friends who are like family, that shared in the day with us. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon and we loved having everyone together to celebrate! Here are some pictures of Anna's special day. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment