Thursday, May 26, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

Finally, Memorial Day weekend is (almost) here. So far in 2016, I have had 4 days off. Between 2 vacation days, Presidents Day and a sick day being all spread out, I thought it would hold me over until this long weekend. Not so much. I am feeling desperately in need of a little R&R.  So, just last week I put in for tomorrow off too, and we're heading up to MV for an extra long weekend. I cannot wait! The travel time to get there is usually about 6 hours so it can be tough for a short weekend but 4 days is perfect. The weather looks good, a lot of family and friends will also be out there, and I'm excited to just hang with my little fam. Martha's Vineyard is such a beautiful place, and has this way about her, of just instantly relaxing me - mind, body and soul. It doesn't usually get too busy there until July, so it'll be nice and quiet too. Last year we had a wonderful long weekend home - time with family, BBQ's, the parade and tons of yard work. It'll be nice to switch it up this year and kick off the summer in our favorite summer spot. Whatever your plans - I hope you enjoy all the wonderfulness of the long weekend! Happy Summer! XO

 Memorial Day 2014 on Martha's Vineyard

Memorial Day 2015 in New Canaan

Edgartown Lighthouse

 Edgartown Harbor

Downtown Edgartown

No comments:

Post a Comment