Thursday, July 7, 2016

Oh Sweet Summer

I'm a season girl. I love the change in weather and appreciate the differences each season brings. Before having kids, if you'd asked me, I'd probably have said that Fall was my favorite. The adding layers, covering up in blankets, all things pumpkin and nutmeg, and warm orange and red decorations around the house. However, while Fall is still up there on the list, now, nothing is better that sweet summertime!!

As a kid, both houses I lived in, had a pool. No clue why, but I've never been much into swimming. I think its something about the quick and dramatic change in temperature. So, when I was absolutely desperate to cool off, you could find me sitting on the steps. Sunscreen was sticky, smelly and annoying so I'm embarrassed to say, I used it sparingly, if at all. Add to that, I'm not a big fan of the heat.

A little time, lots of growing up and now 2 kids later... my appreciation for summer has new life. I love getting in the water with the kids, playing in the sand, and I love the smell of sunscreen (and sweat, ha!) that comes off the girls when I give them hugs. It's like everyone has a renewed energy, the kids included during the summer. Something about now having kids, and enjoying the season with them, has totally brought out the kid in me. Playground, beach, pool, you name it, we've been having so much F-U-N! I think one significant plus, is the age of our girls, too. My SIL coined it pretty well recently, when she said we're in the sweet spot. They're more independent, they play together and entertain each other, and they just get such joy out of the simplest things. We can pick up and go on a whim, don't need to lug as much around, and I can actually sit on the beach and sunbathe (umm YAY!). So, not only are we having a great summer so far, but I actually have a little glow to prove I've been able to enjoy being outside :)

I'm always wishing for time to slow down a bit, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to more summer fun on the horizon. Hope you're having a great summer, too! Cheers XO


Happy Hour in the backyard!

The circus came to town, and Mimi came to see it with us :) 



BBQ with friends!

Fathers Day by the pool

 Madelyn has turned into a little fish!


Hanging with Gray at Hayes' birthday party!



Wednesday night concert series at the park in town


Vacation over July 4th in MV - morning story time with Aunt Farrell


 Lighthouse beach - our new favorite spot!















2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, beautiful family and good vibes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet - thanks! I am a big fan of all you do, and love following you, so that means a lot :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete