Monday, July 17, 2017

Just trust me!

When it comes to stuff around the house, I think I have a pretty good eye. I'm not talking like designer quality, but little things - furniture placement, wall decor, etc. My sister and BIL just designed their new kitchen per my suggestion, and are thrilled with the new layout ;) So, whether you agree or not, is totally fine, but I'm confident in it anyway.  Based on said confidence, I ALWAYS consult with Brian on stuff, but if he disagrees, can't say I always listen! Sometimes, I think he disagrees with me, just because he doesn't like to admit I am right. Plus, I can't figure out why someone who is oblivious to details thinks he's a know-it-all when it comes to home decor/design... just saying ;)

One of the first things I noticed when we looked at our house was layout of our fence. It's an old split rail and covered about 80% of our backyard, mostly from our house, straight back in a rectangle. My suggestion immediately, was to open it up a little for bigger yard, and a better look. Using white picket lining our driveway, for improved curb appeal. Brian didn't even consider it, for one minute, he said no way, I like it how it is. I also think he thinks I just sit around thinking about ways to spend money... which isn't true. BUT I'm always brainstorming ways to improve/update, both inside and out.

We're getting ready to put a patio in at the end of this month - which Brian is 100% into it, and we can't wait for that outdoor space. What transpired from the conversation with the contractor, was the best place for a stone wall (extra seating) was along the existing fence. It was the perfect change to reiterate my original vision for the fence and now doing it would be for a reason, not just because. So, I got a quote. When our fence guy got to our house, he quickly goes "that's ugly, why would they do it like this?" That made me feel a whole lot better, that he agreed with me and he's not the type just to appease. Brian hesitantly agreed and I didn't give him any opportunity to change the plan :) He'll use our existing fencing and just had to buy a few sections of new white vinyl to open up our yard. I AM SO EXCITED I could scream. It'll be a few more weeks before the patio work begins, but for now we'll enjoy this.... and I'll revel in how right I was ;)

BEFORE




AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment