Thursday, July 20, 2017

Coming up next!

On Tuesday they finished the installation of central air - and it was an amazing night in our house! When we bought the house in October, we agreed -we can deal without, we grew up without a/c - no.big.deal! Then we had a really hot day in April and we questioned our prior confidence in dealing without. The layout of our house would have required at least 6 window units and by the time you go through all that, we seriously considered just going for it now. SO SO SO happy we did. The heat was one thing, but the humidity, oh my - it literally made me angry.  I'm sorry I sound like such a brat, because I know we're lucky we were able to do it. We had fans going in our bedrooms, and most nights it was up near 80 degrees, regardless of the outdoor temp. We slept at my parents on the crazy-hot nights and made due, but phew - I'm glad we went for it! 

In the next week, we're having a patio put in, and our stair railings updated. We're still sort of on a high from the a/c and fence, but happy there are a few more things to come :) The patio will give us a place to hang/eat outside which we've really missed so far this spring/summer. The railings are as much about aesthetics as they are safety. In addition to dating the house immensely, they are wobbly and definitely not to code. 

After these projects, it'll be a quiet year or two for us, LOL! There are a handful more things we want to do, recessed lighting, a few new windows, then of course bathrooms and kitchen reno. No hurry though, we'll likely be in this house a while, so for now we had to pick and choose what was most important, and I think we picked pretty well :) I think I need to start planning a party because I can't wait to entertain this summer! 

This is a before of our fence from the back of the house:

and AFTER - you can sort of see the extra green space we gained from pushing everything out into the woods. At the bottom of the stairs, among the mess ;) is where the patio will be!


Some before pictures of our railings.... eeeek! Can't wait!



Happy HOTThursday! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment