Tuesday, August 1, 2017

AUGUST

Ahhhh August! A co-worker just called August, the Sunday of the Summer. How true - its the perfect way to describe this month and the wind-down of the season. I had to share :) In June it starts to warm up and everyone is so excited for the warmer months, but it's not until July 4th to me that it reallllly starts to feel like summer time. The longer days, hours outside, swim, and play, play, play. July was wonderful and it just flew!

This year with a school aged child, summer vacation had a whole new feel, and for the first time in a years, made working full time, very hard for me. Although we call it "school" the girls programs are full day daycare. I am content that while they are there, they are learning and having fun and with lots of other children whose parents are working like us. When school let out for the summer, and we're left to organize camps to fill majority of her days, plus help from my mom and sister because camp gets out at 3:30pm, I feel guilty. I wish I could get her on those days. I wish I could take them for an afternoon swim, to the beach, to the park, out for ice cream. We cram all those things in on the weekends, but someday I hope to be a mom that is around a bit more in the summer for some of that carefree F-U-N. Someday... <<sigh>>

Anyway, August. I have a feeling that a new ritual might be beginning and Brian leaves tomorrow for a Member-Guest golf tournament in Maine. He went last year and had a great time, so I have a feeling it might become a regular thing for him to be gone for the first few days of the month each year. I'm looking forward to QT with my ladies, and hope they sleep OK for me, because these last two weeks have been BRUTAL - each one taking turns up every few hours.... BANANAS! We're going to the local carousel, out to dinner, a baptism and i'm sure we'll squeeze in a trip to get ice cream :)

The work is being finished on our house this week too, so then things will be nice and quiet. In time for some family birthdays and end of summer gatherings. We're squeezing in one last trip to MV for a few days around the 25th and then POOF! We'll be talking about pumpkin lattes, fall fairs and fleece!
I LOVE Fall and I do sort of look forward to a more structured routine... but I'm not in a hurry. I really hope for lots more summer-fun in the coming weeks!

Happy toasty-Tuesday! XO








No comments:

Post a Comment