Wednesday, August 23, 2017

THIS

A friend sent this to me this morning and it made me smile. I don't watch the K's, though you might think so based on the blog name ;) Nor do I really care to keep up with them, but this and wherever it came from couldn't be more true for me right now! 


My mom watched the girls Mon/Tues of this week since camp is over and daycare is closed. By Tuesday night at pick up she sighed "I just don't know how you do it, work all day and then home to more" My mom is Super Woman to me, always has been.  Always on top of everything, always there for each of us, simply super! I aim to manage life the way I felt like she did for all those years. So, that little phrase after a long day really lifted me up. We've had a great summer, and things really haven't been that crazy yet for some reason, I've been really feeling pulled a lot in a million directions lately. Like I need to buy some parenting books, plan a girls night, and start exercising because all of these things need some serious attention that I thought I'd been giving, but maybe not enough? I'm sort of hopeful that back to school will bring a little normalcy and a little more structure. Balance is our main goal as moms, sometimes I feel like I've got it and sometimes, I just don't.

And... on that note, I'm signing off for a few days on MV with my family! My favorite place, at my favorite time of year, with my favorite people. I've been feeling like I look like the above a lot lately (well nothing like her, but you get me), but hopefully I'll return a little less stressed and more refreshed :) The island can do that to you in no time!

Happy Hump Day! XOX

1 comment: