Monday, January 16, 2012

Happiness is...

Moments like this :) I am one lucky girl and I count my blessings everyday!

A little secret about me that no one really knows is that I am constantly worrying about "what if...." scenarios. Probably sounds crazy and it's not as bad as it sounds, it's just how I am. See, my beloved grandmother passed away suddenly when I was 13 and I never had the chance to visit with her or see her before she died like some of my family did... no opportunity to say goodbye. I think experiencing the death of my first loved one, at that age and in that manner, had a real effect on me.

In turn, as I grew up I started to hold on super close to everything in my life and therefore worry I might lose it. I recognize all the blessings in my life and try to make every little moment count. I tell my loved ones often how much I love them, and I always stop to smell the roses. Sometimes it's tough being a worry-wart but it makes me appreciate all that is so wonderful in my life and be grateful every day! I encourage you to take some time today to smell the roses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment