Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Where oh where did the last 2 months go?!

Madelyn is 9 weeks old this week and I go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks - oh my goodness - where has the time gone!?! Words cannot express how much I have enjoyed my time at home with Madelyn and how much I am dreading my return to work. Being at home with Madelyn and having that time with her is invaluable, it's been amazing and I will cherish it forever.

Miss M had her 2 month appointment this week and she handled the dreaded shots so well! She's given us a few good wails in her 9 weeks so I thought I was sort of prepared for the crying but boy was I wrong. The first of the 4 shots went into without a flinch, I'm not sure she knew what was going on! But... then 2, 3 and 4 were brutal, for her and for me! Thankfully the shots are quick and she calmed herself right down and we were on our way!

Madelyn's 2 month stats:
Weight - 12 lbs 8 oz (90th percentile)
Height - 23 3/4 inches (95th percentile)

Our "little" girl is growing so well and sleeping beautifully! She's fully in 6 month clothes and has been sleeping through the night consistently since 6/7 weeks, which is oh-so-nice for mommy and daddy :) We're trying to move up her last bottle to get ready for to sleep 12 hours at night, at this point she's doing about 8 or 10 hours and going down around 9 or 10pm. My hope is that by the time I go back to work we'll be on a schedule during the day and at night so that transition will be smooth for everyone :) Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment