Sunday, January 22, 2012

I think I can, I think I can...

Well... the time has come (tear) my maternity leave is up and I go back to work tomorrow. I am flooded with emotions but mostly I am taken aback by how much I have truly enjoyed my leave and this incredibly special time with Madelyn, Brian and even Quigley! You know, it's one of those things that you just don't know how you'll react until you are in the situation... and I am pleasantly surpised.

I keep remembering an instance from when I was about 15... My interim- JV cheerleading coach who I wasn't very fond of, looked at me one day out of the blue at practice and goes "Jess, you are going to be JUST like your mom when you grow up" I was 15, very impressionable, so naive, and wanting so badly to be cool by every sense of the word. I think at the time my mom was rocking those shnazy windsuits and our mini-van was an aqua blue. Just like my mom? Hmm I remember thinking - so not cool. (love you mom :)

Now I am a mom (wow!) and I couldn't love this job more, there is nothing in the world that is cooler than this, nothing. And, I aspire to be just like the kind of mother my mom was to us. I sort of thought I'd be the kind of woman that would feel the need to always be working, to keep busy and have that adult time in my life... I don't doubt that I'll sort of enjoy the time back at work, catching up with people, seeing Brian all day long (ha!) and challenging myself a bit... but being home and spending every second with my baby has been the most incredible experience in the world and if I could keep that up, well that would be heaven. But... ce la vie - I'll join the world of working moms like most-everyone I know and I'll be OK. I should mention that I know Madelyn is in the best hands, she'll be with my mom and sister! One thing is for certain though, I'll always look back on this experience very fondly, it was the best... My baby rocks, my hubby is the best - my life rocks, I really can't complain :) Wish me luck tomorrow though... no doubt this will be tough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment