Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A working mom

Yup, that's me :) We are into week 3, which is hard to believe, and so far, so good. Mommy and Madelyn are both doing well with the transition. Actually, I jumped right back into work, as much as I resisted it, it all came back very easy. Could be because things are so chaotic at work, I had no choice but I hit the ground running. I email and text my mom and sister multiple times a day asking for updates and how Miss M is doing, the reports are always glowing, so I guess that means she's doing OK too :)

One thing is for sure, I will do everything I can not to keep up these hours, it's just not practical. Right now I see my baby for about a 1/2 hour a day.  She's asleep when we drop her off at my parents in the morning and she's asleep when we pick her up at night. I was afraid she'd forget who I was but since her face still lights up when she sees her Mommy and Daddy, I don't think that will happen. I know her sleep schedule will change with time, right now she sleeps from about 6pm until 6:30am or 7am when we wake her. How can we not appreciate that? As tempting as it is to wake her, little Miss M just loves her beauty sleep and we know its so good for her.  During our brief time with her each day, I hug and kiss her until I feel like I'm smothering her, but I just can't get enough. (God help this child when she grows up, I'm not sure I'll ever loosen my grip!)

I know that the work-mom balance is good and healthy but what is better than spending every second with your little one? I'm pretty sure nothing. But I guess the grass is always greener ;-) Given the fact that this wasn't a situation where there was a choice, I'm making lemonade. Oh boy do the weekends take on new meaning, it's all about us and time together as a family and it's perfect. Speaking of... is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment