Friday, May 18, 2012

balance

As my last post sort of touched on, one of the things on my mind recently has been moving to be closer to work. It's the suggestion-of-the-month, if you will, for a way in which to make it feel like there was more time in the day.  Don't get me wrong, I love my life - I love our house, I really love Fairfield and what an adorable town it is, I am enjoying being back at work and figuring out the whole working-mom thing, and of course, my hubby, baby girl and fam, are the best! I am lucky to work with my hubby, so we see each other all day long :) Some might think that's crazy, but for us, it's great. It's all we know, and we love it! My baby on the other hand, I miss her, every second of every day that I'm not with her.


After being back at work for 3 months, and having a few discussions with my boss, my request for a different work schedule was finally approved 2 weeks ago. I was elated. Now, I work from 8am - 4pm and the change has been good. I'm able to see Madelyn awake after work and we get special time together when I put her to bed. So Brian gets her in the morning and I get her a night. It's like we're ships passing in the night the way we come and go separately now, each with our own time with Madelyn. I can't complain, it's what I asked for and we're making it work. But I can't help but ask myself, what if we lived near work... ?

Last night, the commute home, on such a beautiful evening took 2 annoying hours. I felt like I watched the clock while we're crawling on the highway knowing that the time we were spending commuting was eating away at the time I could be having with Madelyn at home. 

I guess no matter how hard you try, creating a balance in life can be challenging. So, so hard. 

I will say I felt a little better after reading this article.  There are some things in the article that I don't agree with. However, I do agree that I don't really care how you parent or raise your child, but I think we should feel comfortable talking about the struggles, and pushing the envelope. After all, we can agree that what matters most in our lives, is our children!

 http://www.momsinmaine.com/2012/05/wake-up-moms-youre-fighting-the-wrong-fight/


No comments:

Post a Comment