Thursday, May 24, 2012

a little cheese...

Warning - cheesy post :)

Brian, is like a lot of guys in that he's not overtly affectionate.  That means the times when he is, the action really does speak louder than words.

We met when Brian started at vineyard vines in the fall of 2004.  The company was pretty small then and there was a group of us that became good friends. We'd work hard at the office and then play hard outside of work, it was a blast. You could say that Brian and I had a flirty friendship for a while, probably the better part of two years. I spent a LOT of time playing the "he likes me, he likes me not" game in my head. I just couldn't figure him out and he never really said, or showed me if he was interested or not.  When we'd hang out, we'd have a great time, then we wouldn't talk or hang out for days or weeks, then repeat.  For a girl who is pretty impatient, I hung on, and on.... and just waited to see.

By the fall of 2007, we were hanging out more and more, making baby steps towards a relationship. I went to my first Springsteen concert with Brian in Hartford in October.  Just 2 weeks later, another extra ticket opened up and Brian invited me along again, this time to his show in NYC. I was excited because he would think to ask me to go along, and again I was meeting more friends of his! Yikes, we were making some progress... maybe he did like me a little afterall :)

During the concert that night, Springsteen played this-

She's the One

As the song started, Brian moved so that he was sort of behind me and wrapped his arm around me. Aww... I remember thinking, how cute. But I had no clue what the song was. Then just as it went to the chorus, Brian squeezed me really hard, "She's the One".... Eeeeek! I remember being like, no way, that's a coincidence, get over yourself Jess. Then again, another squeeze. Ok, he's trying to tell me something. I may have blacked out due to lack of oxygen that was getting to my brain. I had waited for SO long to understand if he liked me and right then, I realized that he did, and a lot. Yippy!

You are probably wondering why on earth I'm sharing this. I've been driving Brian's car to work and listening to a lot of E Street Radio on the commute. Since those first 2 Springsteen concerts, I've been hooked. Lately, I swear, every single time I'm in the car, She's the One comes on and every single time, I'm immediately transported back to that night at MSG when it all clicked. It's so neat how a song can do that to you and you can relive a moment over and over!

Thank you BTG for picking me, I couldn't be happier that I am your One!


No comments:

Post a Comment