Thursday, May 10, 2012

My little obsession...

For as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed looking at houses. When I was little and went grocery shopping with my mom, I never left empty handed, making sure to always grab a real estate booklet on our way out the door. I liked looking at the different styles, the colors, the yards and comparing them.  Flash forward to working at vineyard vines and after helping a few co-workers find a place to live, I became the go-to for help with housing. 

I think it is safe to say, what started as an interest or a hobby has become a bit of an obsession. Like some peoples obsession to facebook, I am obsessed with listingbook.com. I check it at least once a day to see what new houses have come on the market, compare houses, and of course look at all the pictures. 1/3 of me realizes we're pretty close to outgrowing our house so I'm dreamy about a bigger home. Another part of me wants to be closer to work because the hour and half commute, as a parent, just eats away time we could be spending with Madelyn.  But what drives these, is the last part of me that just loves looking at houses!

The downside to this, is I'm starting to drive Brian crazy! I send him houses daily - "what about this one?" "look at all the space" "what a yard" It's not that I'm not happy with our house, I love our house and what we've done to it. Unfortunately though, we've done just about everything we could possibly do, in the 2 short years we've lived here and I have the itch to work on something. This is how Brian and I are very different, he'd be perfectly happy in our house for the next 10 years and the lack of space wouldn't bother him at all. Not I... Its like the two of us with our cars. I love the world of leasing because I can get a new car every three years but Brian drives a 2001 Jeep Cherokee that he this is the best car on the road :)

I think sometimes that it would be so fun to be a flipper, buy a house, renovate it and resell it. Realistically though, maybe its time to bite the bullet and sign up for a class so I can get my real estate license. It's the one thing that I've always enjoyed and by now, yes, it's become a bit of an obsession :) Do you have something like that you've always wanted to do but the timing is never right or something distracts you? Maybe, now is the time....

No comments:

Post a Comment