Saturday, October 20, 2012

Great company

I am a new fan of company that launched in 2010, and learning about it has been life changing for me! Warby Parker, makes great eye-glasses at unbeatable prices. Have you heard of them? I feel like I'm a little late to the party, because when I mentioned them to people recently, they had heard of them.  I feel like I've worn glasses/contacts, my whole life, how did I not know about them before now?!

The jist of the company (for those of you that do not know) is it was started by 4 young guys, who met at grad school. The wanted to bring affordable eyeglasses to the market at a more reasonable price. One of the best business practices is that for every pair of glasses that are purchased, Warby Parker donates a pair to someone in need.  For people who are avid glasses wearers, this company is legit.

Two weeks ago I decided it was time to upgrade from the glasses I've been wearing for probably 6 or 7 years. We had a gift certificate to Lens Crafters so I went over to browse during lunch. I was thinking with our $100 gift cert, and their 30% off sale, I could get a new pair of glasses, all in for $200 and I was happy with that. What I learned when I was there that the frames average around $200 and the lenses are $350. Yes, you read that right, $350 for the lenses. So, even with the 30% off, I was looking at the glasses for $385 but $285 after our gift certificate. I didn't like any of the frames enough to bite, and I had to digest the price, so I left.

When I got back to the office and was complaining to a coworker, she told me about Warby Parker. Most glasses, frames AND lenses go for $95 and they donate a pair to someone with every purchase. I mean.... it's almost a no brainer. I researched the site and decided to do the free at home trail. I was able to browse and pick up to 5 pairs that I liked and they would send them to me, for FREE. They shipped 2nd Day Air and arrived in a awesome, sleek black box. I had 5 days to try them on and pick a pair, and then send them back with the free shipping label they provided. Sure enough, I found a pair I loved. I've ordered them and gave them my Dr.'s number so they can call and get my prescription. I should have the new glasses in 1 - 2 weeks. I am SO excited to get the glasses and I love that someone who is need of glasses will be getting their very own pair soon too!
If you, or anyone you know needs glasses, definitely check them out! Warby Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment