Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The grass is greener...?

 
I am fully in the desperately-trying-to-adjust mode since starting my new job 3 days ago. I told myself it was going to be a big adjustment and take a while to get used to everything... but some things are just easier said than done.

I spent almost 1/3 of my life working at VV, and the company gave me my life, literally. When I shared the news with friends and co-workers that I was leaving VV, many said that "it will be so good" for Brian and I. Each time, I wanted to say - it's never been a bad thing, we've loved working together! So, probably the hardest thing for me when I left last week was knowing it was closing a chapter in the story of us. To add to that, my team made me GF cupcakes in my favorite flavor (red velvet) -  yum, gave me a gorgeous arrangement of flowers and a nice bottle of wine  on my last day.  They called over all my hires (20+ people) and friends to share stories of starting at VV and what they remember about me, the mother hen, bringing them in. So, all that said, it might not be surprising that I bawled when it was time to leave last week. I was basically unable to catch my breathe and say "bye" when I walked out hand in hand with Brian last week. It was a day, to wrap up my 8 1/2 years, I'll never forget.

So.... onward and upward..... *sigh*

So, now I'm the FNG, as my old boss you to say (Effing New Guy) and boy, its tough!  I survived my first day, and felt pretty good. Then yesterday, was a great day. I came home feeling great and confident in how I handled the challenges that I'd been presented with/  Today, I drove home in tears. This, I guess, is me adjusting. It's been a bit of a roller coaster.  I just keep looking ahead and looking forward to feeling comfortable in my role, and on my team and being able to do my job, well. That, and I keep reminding myself, change is good.

Unfortunately, we're approaching a very big milestone in our family and I feel like my head is in such a fog, I can't give this milestone the attention it deserves :( A week from tomorrow, our sweet little girl turns ONE! Ahhh! We're having a little shin-dig with family and friends, and I can't wait to get together with everyone to honor our little pumpkin! We were originally toying with having her party this weekend. Thank GOD, we chose next weekend because I need a weekend to get organized and spend some time to unwind with my family. I'm hoping by the end of my 2nd week at the new gig, I'll be feeling more comfortable and a little less like the new kid on the block. Then I'll be able to really enjoy the milesone and the time with our favorite people!

Until then though, there will be more tears and (hopefully) more victories.  There probably wont be another blog post until the dust settles a bit more. Hope you are doing well and talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment