Wednesday, October 3, 2012

T minus 28

Days until our baby girl is 1 YEAR old! I've gotten over the denial hump, and although I'm still sort of in shock, I'm super excited about celebrating her birthday! It's been a little while, so I wanted to share what the munchkin has been up to over the last month!

Madelyn officially starting crawling at 10 months.  She loves how crawling allows her to explore and she sort of takes her time putzing around.  Along with crawling, she is now pulling herself up on everything... in her crib, the coffee table, couch, pack 'n play. I was excited for her to start moving and now that actually she has, I understand the significance of this milestone! Maybe chasing her around more will help me lose the last of the pregnancy weight ;)

We've determined, at this stage anyway, that M is a picky eater. I guess she's trying to keep up her trim figure.  She'll eat 3 meals a day and usually a few snacks in addition to her bottles. But her "meals" are pretty small.  Some oatmeal here, a few bites of pastina there and we just discovered she really likes grilled cheese! Thankfully, she LOVES fruit, and she's pretty good about eating veggies too. M seems to like variety, so she sort of grazes and if we give her a lot of options, she'll most likely eat more!

This month, Madelyn was hit with her first real sickness. We're not really sure what it was, just some kind of virus. She had a high fever for 4 days, and the poor thing had no energy! Once the fever broke, she's slowly getting better. Hopefully in a few more days she'll be 100%. It's so hard to watch your baby be uncomfortable and sick. Ugh, I hated every single day last week that I couldn't hold her all day long and try to make her feel better!

Miss M is really becoming more and more expressive, and we love watching her personality develop. She just started to blow kisses when prompted, which is just the cutest thing! It's so neat that after all that repitition, she's starting to follow along. Auntie Sara has also been teaching her sign language and she's starting to regularly practice it by telling us she's "all done" with a bottle, or asking for "more" food! I'm not totally convinced that she knows what no means, but she has the no head-shake down like a pro.

Madelyn loves waking up to Quigley at her crib in the morning, usually muttering "ill-ey" or something similar when she sees him. She reaches for him through the spindles and he immediately goes up to give her wake up kisses.  M has also start to reach for people quite a bit. It melts my heart when she reaches for me when I get to pick her up after work! Its funny how little ones have a much easier time saying Dadda, or so it seems but I am happy to report that Madelyn says "Mum-ma" often too :)

M continues to love daycare and being around other kids. I credit daycare with her quickly picking up crawling once she started going and being more vocal! I think we can also thank them for the germs she picked up, but we expected that ;) We recently have had the chance to get together with some good friends and their little ones, and its SO fun to watch them play together. Another post on that later this week!

Here are some pictures of our little lady in action!

perfecting her pull ups

cheese!
  

Open....close, open....close - this amused her for about a half hour!

Peek-a-boo!

discovering Quigley's dishes

my babies - hanging at Grandma and Grandpa's

buddies

First time having grilled cheese:

More cruising

Watching Quigley play outside

Mom - I'm not hungry, no more food! Or pictures :)


I have to explain this one... M had just been pulled from her crib and a sound sleep at G&G's so we could go home on Sunday night. Immediately upon seeing Brian downstairs, she whined and reached for him, snuggling right up on his shoulder once he had her... she sure loves her Daddy :) It was a very sweet moment and Brian was over the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment