Saturday, January 18, 2014

Trip to the Sunshine State

Since we're supposed to get a little snow today, I figured it was a good time to finally post about our trip to Florida :) I started this post right after we got back, but have been so busy nesting and organizing in my free time I haven't had a chance to finish!

Mid-December we booked a trip to Florida to kick off the New Year. We wanted to visit with Grandma and Grandpa, and get in some relaxing family time in the sun before we really buckle down for baby #2.

It'd been a year since Madelyn's last flight, and leading up to the trip I was more nervous about the flight, than I was excited about the trip! I just didn't want to be the parents with an uncontrollable child for the 3 hours in the air! I knew Madelyn wouldn't sleep. Although she's always been a good sleeper, she likes to sleep in her crib, and that's just about it. She's not a flexible sleeper. She doesn't sleep in the car, she'll never fall asleep in our laps, and no matter how tired I knew she'd be, she wouldn't sleep on the flight! We were up and out of the house by 5am on New Year's Day, so by the time our plane took off at 11am, it had already been a long day for M! Thankfully, she was entertained by the T.V. (thank you JetBlue!), a few new toys I'd picked up, and all the snacks, that we survived the flight with just a few little outbursts. Phew!

Once we touched down, we had a great few days! The only drawback was it wasn't long enough... isn't that always the case with vacation?! Well, the weather wasn't great either, but we didn't care. I had so much fun with my loves and I am so glad we decided to take the trip. We were able to spend some time at the beach, on the one perfect beach day, and then squeeze in a few dates and a few new kids activities!

One of the highlights of the trip for me was watching Madelyn really enjoy the ocean. The last few times she's been at the beach she's preferred playing in the sand to the ocean. This time, even with some decent waves, she LOVED playing in the water! Unfortunately, I was supervising her play and didn't have a chance to take any pictures. It was pretty cute to watch as she laughed, squeeled and jumped around in the waves until we dragged her out!

A few other highlights were our first trip to the Circus (which was just as much fun for us as it was M!), a rainy day visit to the Naples Children's Museum, Brian and my movie date (first in a year), and nice dinner date! We may not have had perfect beach weather during our trip, but we wore flip flops and t-shirts while a snow storm was hitting home, and we had a great time catching up with Grandma and Grandpa! A really great trip :) Here are a few pictures of our trip:














No comments:

Post a Comment