Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I can't keep calm...

I am very excited to share some news -

As I mentioned in my last post, we've had lots going on over the last week. Prepping for vacation can be a little chaotic on its own, then add in a full weekend of fun and Easter festivities, and picking all of the elements of our bathroom reno's - we have literally been crazed. The one other thing that I've had on my plate is a new job opportunity! I had to share because I'm excited about the opportunity, but also because the way in which it all played out is neat in its own right.

I connected with a recruiter sometime last year. Just for the discussion and to see if anything came up. I was open to different opportunities, but I also have a specific background and requirements. So, months passed and I didn't hear from her, then she connected me with a few jobs/interviews and nothing really panned out. 

In January, she called me about a "unique opportunity" and many of the features of the jobs were spot on. It was a role for a Customer Service Manager, at a small start up. I had some reservations but I was definitely interested. After 3 different interview visits to the office, and a lot of excitement on my side, I got an email that they were changing some things around and they'd keep me in mind. That was about 2.5 months ago. 

Flash forward to last week, when things are really picking up as we get ready for our trip. I get a call from my recruiters office. My original recruiter doesn't even work there anymore - so this is someone I've never spoken to before! She was calling about the company, WITH AN OFFER! Out of left field, I nearly drove off the road. She could tell I was frazzled, and needed some time to think. I had sort of put the role out of mind, and moved on. As it turns out, they'd filled the Manager position, but they created a position for me, and they really wanted me on board. 

As you may or may not know, I was very heavily involved in my church, and youth group in high school. It was a big part of my youth. I mean, how many teenagers do you know that make time to attend adoration weekly at 5am before school? Yup, I was that kid. Anyway, while I don't attend church as often as I'd like right now, and I've drifted a bit over the years, I like to think of myself as fairly religious still. It's a foundation that you never really loose. Things have been up in the air a bit at work for me and I'd been praying for a sign, something to help me find my way.  

So, while I needed some time to process that out-of-the-blue phone call, I knew, that was it. That's the sign I was wishing for. So, it's a different role, in a smaller company, and I think it'll bring lots of new challenges. But, I am SO excited. I can't wait to see how my past experiences will help me in this role, and to meet new people. 

I gave my "notice" today right when I got to work. Unfortunately, because of the way the timing worked, my "notice" was just one day, today. We leave at 4am for Florida, and I'll start at the new job the day after we get home. Ahhh! I feel like this was the right decision, I have no regrets - and I'm so looking forward to what's to come! Wish me luck on this little adventure :) Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment