Sunday, April 19, 2015

Thank You, Florida

Thank you, Florida for the best vacation in a long time. Thank you to Mimi and Pop-pop and Gramma and Grandpa too for everything, and having us! As a kid, I went to the Sundial Resort a handful of times, on trips to Sanibel Island with my family. It's been years though, easily 10 or 15, but I remembered it well and it was pretty neat to go back with my family, and experience it in a new way.

My parents decided last fall that they wanted to take all of us back for a trip this spring. It was hard to find flights and a time that worked for everyone, so my parents and Sara went Sunday to Monday, Bren came down Thursday to Sunday, and we piggy backed in the middle, staying Wednesday to Sunday with my family and then over Sunday - Tuesday with Brian's parents in Bonita Springs. It was great to be able to hang with my fam in one spot, and then drive just an hour to spend some time with Gramma and Grandpa, and the girls loved the time with everyone too.

 In all the times I've been to Florida recently, this was the best stretch of weather yet. It was hot - low 90's every day, and no rain until the last day of our trip. The flights were a challenge again with Miss Anna, so I was a big ball of stress then, but once we were on land, I'd quickly forgotten about it. I think in general, it's tough to travel with two little ones, especially when naps fall by the way side, or early bedtimes are missed, etc but all in all - I'd say our little ones were great - and this fun vacation couldn't have come at a more perfect time!

Here are some pics from our trip:


Mimi and Madelyn doing a sand art activity 



Sara trying paddle boarding for the first time!


Miss M's new found love for jumping into the pool







Auntie and Anna on our patio


Our view from our patio - gorgeous!


Dinner at the Bubble Room - an old favorite


  with slices of cake the size of your face, and they had GF - amazing!

Me and my baby girl

Getting ready for the sunset on the beach!










The next morning in Bonita at Gramma's and Grandpa's

Happy Birthday Daddy!





 Daddy and his girls, loving the pool!


Our little fish


No comments:

Post a Comment