Monday, August 6, 2012

Currently _____

I  just read a post on The Davis Daily where Sara outlines all the things current in her life... what a cute idea! I thought it would be fun to put together my own list, and share it with you!

loving: every second I have with my little girl.


reading: see my list of blogs. In addition to my US Weekly subscription that I am psyched to receive every Friday, that's the only reading I've been doing lately.  I'm hoping to break out the kindle a little on vacation next week :)

waiting for: Thursday at 5pm when our vacation officially begins. I cannot wait for time on the Vineyard with my family! 


staying here:

beach-ing it here:

taking in a few sunsets like this:


excited about: today and what's in store for our tomorrows.... life is good!

missing: a few friends that I haven't caught up with, in a while. Sometimes life is so busy... I'm hoping our calendars line up soon.

trying to: lose weight... the never-ending battle continues. 

working on: finding balance and making the best of every situation. When I need a reminder, I turn to my hubby because his response to everything is - "what are you going to do? It is what it is" Yes my dear, you are right.

enjoying: having the time to go on walks with Madelyn! I've always loved going for walks and lately I've made time on the weekends and after work (thanks to shorter summer commutes) for walks with M!

using: our grill pan, all the time. The funny thing is, I bought it for the cooler months when grilling outside isn't as practical but we've used it more than our real grill this summer! I swear, my cooking has never tasted better!

wearing: lots of white and navy, tis the my season :)

planning: Madelyn's 1st birthday, craziness! Think pumpkins, hayrides and fall fun!

singing: Call Me Maybe... its in my head alllllll the time


needing: new couches. We really need new couches, especially because the ones we're using are hand-me-downs (thank you mom & dad). The problem is we have a tricky space to work with, a budget and most importantly Quigley has an obsession with couch pillows. He treats them like toys and bites holes in them to tear out the filling, true story. So, we'll have to figure out the perfect solution before we buy.

learning: how to practice serenity.  I've always loved this -"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" and I like to remind myself of it often.

listening: our little girl has started to talk! Its like music to my ears, her little voice is the sweetest!

wishing: for a cleaning lady... I'm at the point now where I see this as a necessity, not a luxury.
  
 This makes me LOL
                                      


doing: I've been doing a lot of organizing and purging old stuff around the house lately, it feels so good.  I recently bought a new table for our entry way (which I am obsessed with) and that sparked a total overhaul and swap of all of our pictures and accessories in the house. I got rid of old books, cookbooks that we never use and random nick-knacks for a more clean and updated look around the house.  The few little changes have made a big difference.

praying for: (as always) good health for my family and friends and strength & guidance to be a good parent

dreaming of: a mudslide on the Shanty deck (this weekend, hopefully)

                                  

That's whats current with me - hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment