Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Girly - Girl

I can't describe my style, I'm just me. Growing up, I wasn't a tomboy, but I certainly wasn't a girly-girl either.... somewhere in between and non-descript. I love sports like a tomboy but I never really cared for playing them, just watching. I appreciate good style and great accessories but don't really care enough to pull myself together that well all the time...

Anyway, as I've mentioned before, I pictured myself with little boys and was nervously-excited to find out we were having a girl! (and it's funny now that I can't imagine it any other way). I'm slightly embarrassed to admit how having a little girl has brought me out of my shell.  That, and I am embracing and loving everything girlie! The tutus, the bows, all of the pink, you name it and I love it! Don't worry, we're not talking like Toddlerss and Tiaras or anything :)

All this ramble is leading into a shout out to two great ladies and their work.  One I have known about for years and the other is a new find!

1.) QupieDoll Boutique - is a Facebook boutique of homemade headbands for girls. After Madelyn had received an adorable headband from her boyfriend Anthony, the headband love affair began (for me!).  Check out the boutique for any of the little/young girls in your life. The headbands make great gifts and additions to all outfits, and she can custom make anything you'd like.

Here are a few pictures of Miss M sporting her QDB headbands:


2.) Shop Lissy - Also an online boutique hosted through Etsy.com. Shop Lissy is owned and operated by a friends friend, Lissy. She hand-makes party hats, and all sorts of gifts for babies. I enlisted Lissy's help during our wedding and she made custom clutches for my bridesmaids! It was so neat to have unique gifts to give the girls that they'd be able to use again, and that were hand-made. Madelyn's first birthday is quickly approaching... I can't decide which hat to get :)

So my lesson here, is to keep an open mind... you never know what you'll find to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment