Sunday, March 16, 2014

done.

The mood I am in right now, is done.  Done with winter and wearing my uggs and heavy parka, and the air being cold enough to take your breath away. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, and I know Spring is close, just wanted to vent a little :) I'm also done with this pregnancy, enough said... I just can't wait to have our baby join the world. On a different note, we're done, with all the house projects and updates I've wanted to tackle! That feels SO good and puts a big ol' smile on my face :) 

We've had another productive weekend - at least the third or fourth in a row and I am feeling so good about all the little things we've done. We (finally) bought blinds for the girls' rooms and our living room, and having them up has made our house feel more like a home, almost instantly.  It's one of those little updates where I'm wondering why on earth we waited so long to do it! Nesting, gotta love it :) We also bought a new toilet for our master bathroom and had it installed this weekend. Very, very exciting stuff. We found out while doing the switch, there's a good chance the old toilet was the original, making it 40 years old. That's just insane, and ewwww. So, especially now at this stage in my pregnancy with the multiple nighttime trips to the bathroom, it is nice to have a pretty new toilet in our bathroom. Amen! Lastly, this weekend we finished getting the nursery all ready, and I hung the final few things in Madelyn's room. Everything on my to do list is D-O-N-E and as I look around the house, I'm so happy with it all! I also cleaned the house from top to bottom yesterday, and that always feels good. Wish is stayed like this a little longer than it does! Just in case the baby comes soon, we are fully ready for her and any visitors who might want to come by ;)

I really can't complain about this pregnancy. I actually feel guilty feeling done. I guess its sort of inevitable though. It's a mix between excitement to have my body back and being able to meet our little one, and I cannot wait for both! Officially our due date is 11 days away. So, the end is in sight and I'm just trying to stay positive. I think I can, I think I can :) In the meantime, I am cherishing all the special little moments with Madelyn as our one and only. 

Here are a few pictures of the house updates we've made recently, and the finished nursery:

Living Room blinds

Madelyn's big girl room completed




The Nursery!
We're missing a few things on the walls which we'll add when she arrives. We are also waiting on a newly painted side table for more storage between the two side windows. Essentially though, we're done ;)       We love the room and how it all came together! 



No comments:

Post a Comment