Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pregnancy Update - 38 weeks!

How far along? 38.5 weeks! 



Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs

Maternity clothes? Ha, yes :) Over the last week, everything has started to feel a little tighter. Shirts, pants, shoes, you name it! The only things I'm comfortable in are my pj's and leggings!

Stretch marks? Uh huh...

Miss Anything? I was going to list everything, but I'll spare you ;) Yes, the usual

Movement: The baby has definitely slowed down in her movements. When she moves, it's fierce, but I think she's definitely running out of room and getting ready, because her movements aren't as constant.

Food cravings: Nothing really... maybe ice cream, but what else is new ;)

Anything making you queasy or sick: no, but I think I'm in the very early stages of labor, so nausea comes and goes daily 

Have you started to show yet:  yes.... as a random man told me in Wal-Mart last week - "you look like you are going to explode"

Baby is: A GIRL!

Belly Button in or out? In. 


Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Sadly, I'm more moody than anything these days. I hate to say it but my body feels like it's pms-ing and my mood is following in stride.

Looking forward to: (hopefully) a smooth delivery and welcoming a healthy baby girl into the world. Now that we are so close, all I can think about is this new baby in our lives. I can't wait to hold her, I can't wait for her smell, I can't wait for Madelyn to meet her, I can't wait to see what she looks like and I can't wait to bring her home!



Baby Update: At 36 weeks the doctor had some interesting updates for us on our baby girl.  Baby G was measuring around 7lbs 6 oz, which is on the larger size, and just like Madelyn at that stage. Our doctor also pointed out that our baby girl is going to be tall, very, very tall. More than the 97th percentile. His exact words were "I'm not sure what the opposite of dwarfism is, but I think we're looking at it" I mean... oh my gosh! Unlike Madelyn though, this baby's head and stomach are both measuring big! 

At 38 weeks, I started to have some contractions, and I've started to dilate which is exciting. I never had any of this early labor signs with Madelyn, so it's neat to think that things might go the course all on their own without being induced this time! Our doctor even said she might come early but I don't want to get my hopes up. Her due date is 11 days away... the longer she drags this out, the more scared I'll be for labor, because she's just getting bigger and bigger in there!  I thought it would be really neat to have a St. Patty's Day Baby, but I don't want to rush things too much, she'll come when she's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment