Thursday, May 4, 2017

Tying the knot!

Next weekend, my little sister is getting married - 5.13.17. They met online just 2 years ago, are quite honestly the most perfect match, and I am so excited for them to embark on this journey together. Things for our family, especially in the last few months have very busy with wedding related things. Fittings for dresses and tuxes, hair appointments, bachelor/bachelorette parties, showers and all. It's been a very exciting time and I can't believe how quickly it's arrived.

I feel like wedding ceremonies often bring out lots of wonderful emotions. Especially since getting married myself, I always get teary. In all the little things that I've been a part of recently, I'm reminiscing of when we did the same. For someone who isn't really into details, (I'm not OCD like my siblings or my mom) I had the.best.time planning our wedding. My mother was a rock-star, since she's a great party planner and in true Brian fashion he sort of stepped back and let us do it all. It was rarely stressful (even when our photographer cancelled 4 DAYS before our wedding) and I'm so thankful that I can look back at the whole thing with such great memories. Then there was the day itself, that (in my eyes) couldn't have been better. A beautiful day, a special ceremony, and one heck of a party to celebrate us!

In June, we'll hit the 7 year mark. As the older sibling, I feel like I should have lots of marriage advice, but I don't. Its fun, it takes work and its an ever-changing ride. One of the neatest thing about it, is how different I feel like our marriage is now, compared to being newlyweds. I think, if I were to be asked what's the best marriage advice, than I'd suggest listening to our wedding song.  We picked it because we liked the lyrics and because of our love for Bruce Springsteen. May have seemed an odd pick but we it was a no-brainer to us right away. We even went so far as to print the song lyrics on the back of the menus for everyone to see, because we thought they were that good. Springsteen said its one of his best songs about dedication and love. I loved it then and I felt like it suited us, but 7 years in, I have even more appreciation for it.

We said we'd walk together baby come what may
That come the twilight should we lose our way

If as we're walking a hand should slip free
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me
We swore we'd travel darlin' side by side
We'd help each other stay in stride

But each lover's steps fall so differently
But I'll wait for you
And if I should fall behind
Wait for me

You wont always agree, and you never know what lay ahead, but with that unconditional love, support and friendship, it'll be a fun ride. He doesn't read this - but, I love you BTG! :) Little sap for your Thursday <3

Make it a great day! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment