Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Simple Joy

Lately I've been working crazy shifts at work, so our routine is sort of all over the place. Brian has been picking up Madelyn and putting her down for bed, often before I am home. Last night though, I got home in time for a snuggle and I put M to bed... our quiet time together before she went to bed, literally made my month so I had to share!

She was in her usual, cheerful mood and greeted me with squeals and smiles when I walked in the door. I swooped her up and we went right into her room. I was going to read her a story, but as soon as we sat down, I could see she was happy cuddling. As I've mentioned, our munchkin isn't much of a cuddler but every so often if you catch her when shes sleepy and in the mood, she'll let you snuggle with her. I don't know if she sensed that I just needed some snuggles or she was so tired that she didn't want to fight me off but she indulged me nonetheless, and it was perfect. She didn't wiggle around, she wasn't reaching for her toys, she just stared up at me and let me hold her tight as we rocked. It was so perfect I cried... As I whispered - I love you sweet girl, I thought to myself, I wonder if she'll every know how much I love her? There are no words.... One thing is for sure, I never would have thought such a simple moment could bring so much joy! Thank you Madelyn Jayne, my heart is so full.

No comments:

Post a Comment