Tuesday, July 24, 2012

While Mommy was away...

Daddy, Madelyn and Quigs had lots of time to play!

My mom, Sara and I had a great long weekend together.  I laughed until I cried multiple times, and often couldn't catch my breath. Yup, it was that much fun :) I indulged a lot, laughed a lot, shopped a lot, ate yummy food, had good wine and slept great. Although, my mom and sister can't say the same for the sleeping bit, it was a great time all around. We're already talking about our next trip!

I had no doubt Brian would take good care of Madelyn, but when it came time to actually leave, I had a very hard time. I first left Brian alone for a few hours with M when she was about 8 days old and he did great. He's a natural, but this was all about me, and not being home to kiss my baby goodnight. So it was equally as hard, as it was fun. I believe its good for moms to do things for themselves though. Time for you makes you a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, sister, daughter, etc.

Here are some pictures that Brian sent me while I was away. She had a great time with Daddy and I'm happy they had a chance to have that time together!

hanging with her bro - cute :)

happy playing

Brian sent this one on Saturday night... it said "goodnight mommy, I can't wait to see you tomorrow"  I cried at the dinner table...
 

my sweet girl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment