Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Miss M is 3!

I remember Halloween 3 years ago, like it was yesterday. We had to be at the hospital by 6pm. I had a big dinner before we left, knowing it would be a while before I ate again. I was as anxious as could be, nervous, excited, and scared. I cried as I hugged Quigley and said goodbye while he looked at me, like he could feel my nerves. When we saw him next, the baby that he had been constantly kissing and protecting in my belly, would be in our arms.

The next 24 hours were a blur, but almost 24 hours on the dot, Madelyn Jayne was born. At 6:11pm, in room 311, on 11/1/11 - Miss M entered the world. It was a feeling I will never ever forget. The love and joy that I felt, just overtook me. Just like that, we were parents and being a Mom felt so right. We had no clue what we were doing, but I embraced it fully. I don't even think I realize how ready I was. I loved every single solitary moment in those early days. Brian and I made a great team, and settling into life with Madelyn was perfect. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our early days at home with her.













Forget the fact that I'm biased, Madelyn is the sweetest, and smartest little girl there is. She has a huge heart, just like her Daddy, and cares so much about everyone around her. She is shy, and it takes a little while for her to warm up sometimes, but before long she is laughing, screeching and smiling from ear to ear. From an early age, she surprised us with how quickly she picked up on things. She might have started crawling and walking "late" but she started talking really early, and now, we have full on conversations about everything. I look forward to our chats on the way to school in the morning, and our time when we wind down at night. I love hearing about her day, and cuddling before bed. She is a true joy and an awesome big sister! We love you Madelyn Jayne!

These pictures were taken of the birthday girl last week:




No comments:

Post a Comment