Tuesday, November 25, 2014

thankful

It is the most wonderful time of year. No matter how you celebrate Thanksgiving, it's such a wonderful holiday, and it marks the start of the holiday season. I've been blasting Christmas music in our house and my car, to get Madelyn in the spirit and I can't wait to decorate with lots of green and red. But not yet, first, its Thanksgiving.

As we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. In a good way. I am so grateful, so thankful, feeling so blessed, my heart is so full. I am finally feeling like myself again, finally. With issues aside, I can focus on this crazy beautiful life, that I almost feel like I was missing out on for the last 6+ months. I had been so consumed with worry about my health, that I was just out of it. I mean, life is busy and chaotic on its own, so add in worry and stress from health issues and I feel like I was a bit absent. But, just in the last few weeks, aside from hurting my ankle and throwing my back (no joke!), I feel good - I'm back :) 
Back to being present, living in the now and having fun! No better time to be feeling good than now, the best time of the year! 

Lately, I feel like my heart is so full, it might explode. The last few weeks have been sort of quiet in our house, and I have literally been drunk on the special family time we've had. Lazy nights and quiet weekends with lots of laughs, smiles and playing with our girls. What do they say about it not being healthy to be obsessed with your kids? Well, whatever... I am, no shame. Madelyn is at such a fun age. Her imagination is budding and the conversations we have are so awesome. Anna, plain and simple, is a joy. She smiles and giggles all day long, and is so easy-going. Just like that, its like she completed our family and made everything right.

I am thankful that these two sweet girls call me, Mom. I am thankful for my husband, for being the person he is, for how he supported me and our family through the last few months, and for being my best friend. I am thankful for my family, who is such a special part of our lives and such a support. I am thankful for our home, and the memories we're creating here. I am thankful for our friends and family near and far, who are our village and help keep us sane! Lastly, I am thankful that my mom hosts the best Thanksgiving every year, and I can't wait to celebrate with Anna this year :) 

Wishing you all a healthy and happy Thanksgiving! Gobble gobble! 
#grateful #thankful #blessed #gobblegobble

No comments:

Post a Comment