Friday, March 11, 2016

HOOKY

On Wednesday, the girls and I played hooky, and had so much. I can remember hooky-days well from my childhood. They didn't happen often, but just when you least expected it, my mom would say - lets not go to school today! And, we would break out in celebration.

I get 10 vacation (and some sick) days a year. Coming from 30+ days off a few years ago, this is a struggle for me/us.  To have had that time while I was single didn't mean much, but I have a different appreciation for it now since having a family. It certainly is true, hindsight is twenty-twenty.

Anyway, 10 days mean I have to chose my days wisely. While we've had lots of family time over the last few weekends, I just wanted to the day off to hang with my kiddos. So I did something that was hard for me, I lied and called out sick. And, it.was.perfect :) We got a (dreaded) doctors visit for shots over with for Madelyn, went shopping and to lunch with Mimi, took great naps, and then got to play outside before dinner. It was a great day, and the extra bonus was that it hit 70 degrees! I came back to work yesterday, all better from my illness ;) refreshed and happy, and now it's Fri-yay!

Have a great weekend! XO






No comments:

Post a Comment