Wednesday, March 30, 2016

My baby is 2!

I'm pretty sure I will be am one of those moms who will call their kids "babies" forever. I suppose there are worse things though, right? Although once my babies are teenagers, I can only imagine how much they'll appreciate it. Thankfully, that's a long time away because I can barely handle TWO (and 4 1/2 years old).

Where did the time go? How can it be? My memories of her birth-day are so vivid and fresh, it truly feels like yesterday. When Anna was born, she cried a little more, her eyes were wide open for hours, and I quickly noticed the differences in her features, from her sister. While the practice of comparing isn't necessarily beneficial, for me, it highlights their uniqueness and makes me appreciate their individuality. I mean, it just wows me, that two little people could be so wildly different. It goes without saying that I love my girls beyond words, and each of them has taught me something and helped me grow as a mom.

Anna is petite, and has a larger than life personality bursting from her at all times. She's feisty, animated, sneaky and determined. She's as sweet as they come with affection galore, but she knows what she wants and will not shy away from manipulation to get it! She challenges me and surprises me sometimes, and there have been numerous occasions where I've admitted - I just don't know what to do. Challenging moments aside, she wakes up so happy and is non stop laughs and action all day, until she's pleading at bedtime to stay up and play with her sissy. She's easy going, and flexible and can function just fine with no nap... although when she naps, she's extra happy in the afternoon. She loves playing with her sister, antagonizing her too (already - uh oh!), singing, playing with anything that makes noise, coloring and being outside. Her zest for life is infectious, and she's our constant entertainment. I love that she keeps us on our toes, and reminds us she can't be left alone (how do we forget!).

I love you Anna-nana girl - thank you for bringing us so much joy! Cheers to you, and let's do this TWO!
Some pictures of our girl, and our little celebration!


 
















No comments:

Post a Comment